Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Writing? Reading? Technology? Learning? Thoughts..

Writing?
I can't say I've written anything recently or over the summer to anybody, but I think writing is a great way to convey your thoughts to someone else. Whether its a letter, a poem, or just chatting with friends on AIM or Gmail, writing is important. Chatting on AIM and Gmail have given me some bad habits though, like ending every sentence with "LOL". This habit is making me extremely paranoid since I know my British Literature teacher is going to read this. Now I've been rereading all my sentences making there are no "lol"s or grammatical errors.


Reading?
To be honest I never really enjoyed reading, even as a kid. The one series that I was able to read for hours was that Eragon. Although the book is about dragons (which is pretty nerdy), I gotta say it became very addicting and I ended up reading it for hours a day.


Technology?
First rule of technology - If your going to buy a computer buy a Mac! A Mac computer could beat a PC any day! As for video games, I don't play that often anymore. AIM, Gmail, and Facebook are the best for keeping in touch with friends and their safe.. I think.


Learning?
Visual learning is the most effective for me. The subjects we learn in school are useful, although some classes don't have much life application to them. I wish I had coffee for those days there are boring lectures in some subjects to help me "learn" better, but sadly I'm too short and I don't want to stunt my growth anymore.


Why did I take this class?
I originally took this class because I needed an extra period. Only now did I find out that there was going to be a lot of technological involvement, which is a plus. This will help me for college and my senior year classes so I'm willing to give this class a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment