Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A One Day Diary

November 10, 2010 (The Day of Quizzes)
          Got up early this morning at around six o'clock. I was still a little late though, so I skipped breakfast and went straight to the car. Same routine as usual, ask my mom if I can drive then she answers, "No!". Made it to school pretty early so I started studying for my history test. I was one of the only kids there since it was so early. Quizzes and tests have got to be the worst thing ever made, only second to essays. Then Briana, Sean, and Jordan got there and told me there was a Japanese quiz too! What a downer! A little later I heard my phone ring and it was my dad saying I forgot my binder with all my homework, which made my day a little worse. First period passed by and it wasn't so bad. Second period was next, but the history test turned out to be easy! Miss Sutton was merciful to us and made the test a little easier then usual. Around nine o'clock, I had study hall and spent it talking to Courtney, Paige, and Ariana(not much of it was spent on studying). Leadership class was interesting since we had a cool topic to discuss, but next comes probably the worst part of every week, college prep. Today we had a monotone representative from Hilo talk to us about how her school has a low student to teacher ratio, which meant small classroom sizes where the teachers interact with their students; this was what the last twenty colleges told us. I think I'm going to try go UH Manoa! People say its junk and stuff, but I think its what you make of it. Mainland colleges are great and all, but I love Hawaii and I heard UH  Manoa has a good engineering program! I still have some time to decide though so maybe I'll change my mind to go to a mainland college. Next up was lunch(the best time of the day). Our tables outside Miss Smiths room got moved so we ate in Mr. Morisawa's room and I think he was irritated since we were laughing and talking pretty loud today. After lunch, I had math. Eighth period was AP chemistry where we had, what do you know, another quiz! Bible toped off the day at two o'clock with a lecture on war. After school I had to tutor two elementary kids. One of them was a bit frustrated with so much homework and the other was showing off that he finished his homework early, which didn't help a lot. The other kid was getting even more frustrated, but we finished the homework and I went back to the atrium to talk with my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment