Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Modern Connection

Moon and Stars
by: Kalapana

Moon, that is shining tonight
Moon, do you see her and what is she doing, whoa uh oh moon

Stars, is she thinking of me
Oh how I hope I would be with her one day, whoa uh oh stars.

Lost, I'm lost in my world. I, I hope that she is the girl
Who will want me, who will want me, who will want me.

Oh, after waiting so long
I, wanter her here in in my arms to hold her, oh uh oh moon

Shining stars is there love in her heart
Stars all I'll need is a start and I'll win her, oh uh oh stars

Chance won't you give me a change. I, I just want our romance
To grow bigger, to grow stronger, to last longer


Repeat 1st Verse and Chorus

Here are the lyrics to Moon and Stars by Kalapana. They are an old band that were pretty well known in Hawaii and my parents used to listen to them a lot. This is one of their more popular songs I have from their album. It has a pretty catchy tune and was one of the only songs I could find some relevance to Richard Steele's No.1 Tuesday, April 12, 1709.


The song talks about a guy who wants to meet this girl that he has seen. Like in Steele's story, the guy fell in love and got obsessed. It was love at first sight. Line 5 says "Lost, I'm lost in my world." This resembles the character's feelings in the story where he couldn't think straight or focus because his mind was on that girl. I also think that the man in the story really wanted a chance with the girl, which is what the last stanza talks about. 


Works Cited
Steele, Richard. "No. 1 Tuesday, April 12, 1709." British Literature. Ed. Ronald H. Horton. Greenville, SC: BJU Press, 2003. 396-308. Print

No comments:

Post a Comment