Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Keats' Poem



"Dawn"

I cannot find that which I seek.
It's somewhere around.
Lost but hasn't been found.
The air has a feeling of mystique.

It's extremely important this item is sought!
For if it is gone,
And night reaches dawn,
No warmth will be felt! No light will be brought!

I check ever place that I know.
Is it possible I will fail?
Tomorrow will have no sparkle or glow!
Yet there it is! My face so pale,
Sees the beam through the thick snow.
Rejoice! For the sun has set sail!

In John Keats' poem, "On First Looking into Chapman's Homer", he describes how he discovered Chapman's story, and how excited he felt! He used examples such as an astronomer finding a planet and Cortez seeing the Isthms of Panama. In my poem I decided to follow Keats' rhyme order and I also tried to incorporate that excitement of discovery. 

Works Cited

Keats, John. " On First Looking into Chapman's Homer." British Literature. Ed. Ronald H. Horton. Greenville, SC: BJU Press 2003. 575. Print.

Hamauzu, Masashi. "FINAL FANTASY XIII - The Promise." FINAL FANTASY XIII Original Soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment