Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Macbeth Analysis Outline

According to the play, being a traitor to one's kind is a crim worthy of death. If you were a leader in our country, would you have capital punishment? Why or why not? 
And if you would, list some crimes that would deserve to be punishable by death. 


Yes, I would have capital punishment if I was a leader in our country.
  • Why would I have capital punishment?
    • In Romans 13:4, it talks about God allowing his ministers (leaders/rulers). to use capital punishment.
    • It protects the people from murderers and serves as a powerful consequence that prevents/"scares" others from deciding to in. However, I definitely do not believe that every sin is punishable by death.
  • Limit Capital punishment
    • I think that it is always better to pick life over death so capital punishment would be a desperate last resort option and only used if absolutely necessary. 
      • These are the only crimes that I think are punishable by death.
        • Murder
        • Rape
        • Rulers that abuse their power for evil to incflict harm on the innocent public to satisfy their selfish and wordly desires.
        • Terrorism
      • Even these sins I wouldn't consider punishable by death in certain situations where life in prinson or some other punishment may serve as a better alternative consequence.
I believe that Macbeth just got to greedy. He wanted to become king so he plotted to kill King Duncan. After he became king, his greed grew. This caused him to kill all those who posed a threat to the thrown. in the end he lost his family, he lost his freinds, and he lost his life just because of his greed. Greed was his motivation for capital punishment, which I strongly believe was wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment